Automotive Bearing Applications
This online engineering PDH course is intended for mechanical, automotive, civil, machine design engineers and any other professional interested in automotive design and development.
This course deals with some of the more important applications of anti-friction bearings in automotive vehicles. It explains in simple terms how the various ratios of a planetary gearset are used in automotive automatic transmissions and how to calculate the forces on their bearings. It describes the "differential unit" in automotive drive axle systems and how to calculate the bearing loads on the all-important spiral bevel gearset.
This 2 PDH online course also includes an engineering discussion and design study of wheel bearings and associated mounting equipment. An expert analysis is presented on the new "integral spindle wheel bearing unit" that is used on front drive vehicles. Additional information includes the design of the new integral bearing engine coolant pump and also how low cost "drawn cup" bearings have replaced standard design roller bearings in rear drive, rear wheel applications.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning how to calculate the operation life of anti-friction bearings
- Learning how to calculate the design loads on automotive front wheel bearings
- Learning how to calculate the design loads on automotive rear wheel bearings
- Understanding the design of "drawn cup" bearings and how they have replaced standard cylindrical roller bearings in rear drive-axle applications
- Understanding the design of "integral spindle wheel bearings" and how they have replaced conventional wheel bearing applications in front drive vehicles
- Understanding the differences in safety features between integral spindle wheel bearing units and tapered roller bearings
- Learning about integral shaft waterpump bearings and the new stamped metal waterpumps
- Learning how to calculate the forces on drive axle differential spiral bevel gearset bearings
- Learning how to calculate the forces on automatic transmission planetary gearset bearings
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "Automotive Bearing Applications".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.