Application of Earned Value Management (EVM) for Effective Project Control
This online engineering PDH course presents an overview of one of the most effective methods of Project Control: Earned Value Management (EVM). It starts with discussion about the components of a Project Baseline and importance of keeping all Project parameters inside the boundaries defined by it.
This is followed by the numerous chapters covering the following:
- Project Control
- Performance Measurement
- Earned Value Analysis (EVA)
- Forecasting at Completion
- Corrective Actions
- Earned Value Management (EVM)”
This course will explain how to define main EVM metrics and use them to forecast a project outcome and identify corrective actions if needed. All explanations are supported by extensive case study.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to engineers, project managers, engineering managers, project support personnel and all other management professionals looking to expand their knowledge and experience in Earned Value Management to provide a valuable contribution into effective Project Control and ultimately make the Project they are involved in a success.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Knowing the importance of Project Control importance for the success of the Project
- Understanding the basics of Performance Measurement
- Learning how to use Earned Value Analysis for effective Project Control to become a valuable contributor to the overall project success
In addition, after completing the course, you will be able to:
- Define project baseline
- List main components of project control
- Define performance data that should be obtained for every Project
- List the main metrics of Earned Value Analysis and describe how to calculate them
- Forecast Project outcome
- Describe corrective actions that may be considered for schedule slippage and cost overrun.
- Understand how to make EVM successful
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document tilted, “Application of Earned Value Management (EVM) for Effective Project Control” by Boris Shvartsberg, Ph.D., P.E., P.M.P.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 2 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on content of this document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.