An Introduction to Water Distribution in Cold Regions
This online engineering PDH course presents information for the design and construction of water distribution systems that is unique to the Arctic or Subarctic. Pressurized, pipe distribution systems are used for exterior utilities and interior plumbing in most facilities in the cold regions. An exception might be small facilities at locations remote from the main distribution network. If individual wells are not feasible then vehicle delivery of water would be necessary. This publication must be applied in concert with technical guidance available in the professional literature for water distribution systems not in Arctic or Subarctic regions.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for civil, environmental and mechanical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting to learn about water distribution systems, facilities and equipment in arctic and subarctic regions.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about single pipe recirculation systems in arctic and subarctic regions
- Learning about alternative distribution systems that may be employed in some circumstances
- Learning about special considerations necessary in design and construction of building and facility service lines
- Learning how to employ pit orifices in water distribution systems
- Learning about a typical configuration for above ground takeoff of service lines from distribution mains
- Learning about typical configuration details for underground valves and boxes
- Learning about the pluses-and-minuses of different pipe materials for water distribution in Arctic and Subarctic regions
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Water Distribution in Cold Regions".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.