An Introduction to Soil Grouting
This online engineering PDH course presents the common types of soil grouting materials including Portland-cement, clay, chemical, and asphaltic grouts that are now in use. It also presents grout properties and the various grouting applications on construction projects. This course also discusses the types of admixtures and fillers used and their effects on the grout.
Grouting is a widely used method for strengthening and sealing rock, soil and concrete. The possibilities for sealing structures are of great importance from both an economic and environmental point of view. To improve the technique for grouting with cement-based material, it is necessary to examine the properties of the grout mixture used. No one grout is suitable for every situation as the unique properties of each specific grout make it desirable under certain circumstances. In planning a grouting program for particular conditions, the engineer needs knowledge of the various types of grouts and their properties.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for civil, geotechnical and structural engineers as well as construction professionals who are interested in gaining a better understanding of soil grouting technology. In particular, it provides engineers with an understanding of how grouting is used to strengthen and seal rock formations, soil and concrete.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn about the characteristics and applications of the primary soil grouts: Portland-cement, clay, asphalt and chemical.
- Learn about how to improve the performance of grouts with admixtures such as accelerators and lubricants.
- Learn about polymerized grouts including acrylamide, resorcinol-formaldehyde, calcium acrylate and epoxy resin.
- Learn about grouting procedures such as curtain, blanket or area, contact, and mine/cavity grouting.
- Learn about the importance of pressure testing and washing in grouting.
- Learn how groundwater can affect grouting operations.
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled: "An Introduction to Soil Grouting".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.