An Introduction to Railroad Trackage
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the design of railroad trackage in the United States. Included are roadways, ballast, ties, rails, track grade, turnouts, crossovers, highway crossings, sidings, warehouse trackage, track scales, and yards.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to the standards and practices for the design of running, siding and yard trackage for railroads in the United States.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the parameters for design of railroad trackage roadways
- Learning about the design and construction of trackage ballast and sub-ballast
- Learning about standardized track and tie configurations and materials
- Learning about the design considerations for running track alignment and grade
- Understanding the approach to design of highway grade crossings
- Learning about siding trackage
- Understanding the parameters for warehouse trackage
- Learning about track scales
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Railroad Trackage".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.