An Introduction to Preliminary Wastewater Treatment
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to processes and equipment for preliminary treatment of wastewater. You will be introduced to descriptions, functions and design considerations for bar screens, comminuting devices, grit chambers, proportional weirs, Parshall and Venturi flumes, dissolved air flotation systems, and flocculation methods. You will learn how the preliminary treatment process works together with the primary, secondary, tertiary and sludge handling processes to form a complete wastewater treatment plant.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for civil, environmental and chemical engineers as well as construction professionals seeking an introduction to preliminary wastewater treatment.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the characteristics and design basis for bar screens
- Understanding the parameters for sizing screen channels
- Learning how to select and size screening bars
- Understanding the function and basis of design of comminuting device installations
- Learning the fundamentals of grit chambers
- Learning about horizontal-flow grit chambers
- Learning how proportional weirs, Parshall flumes and Venturi flumes are incorporated into grit chambers
- Learning about dissolved air flotation
- Understanding the methods and design factors for wastewater flocculation
- Learning how to calculate power requirements for flocculation units
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Preliminary Wastewater Treatment".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.