An Introduction to Precision Measurement Laboratories
This online engineering PDH course discusses architectural engineering issues in design of a wide variety of precision measurement equipment laboratories (PMELs), including the basic requirements which apply to any PMEL. Architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical issues are all considered.
A Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory is a facility in which the repair, calibration and modification of test, measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE), including precision measurement equipment laboratory standards and automatic test equipment, take place. This practice is also known as metrology; the science of measurement.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for professional engineers, architects and construction managers interested in the design and construction of precision measurement laboratories.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about internal and site layouts, and location of interfaces between the facility structure and equipment items
- Understanding the commissioning process and its importance in ensuring that a facility and its components will perform as designed and intended
- Learning how to ensure that mission and user requirements, as well as occupant health and safety are considered during design, construction and operations for material selection and environmental systems
- Learning how to locate rooms, spaces, and equipment to ensure orderly workflow, and provide security and property management
- Understanding why a facility site must be isolated from sources of vibration such as railroads, local heavy vehicle or aircraft traffic, crane or machine operations, foot traffic, or similar disturbances
- Learning how to use expansion/isolation joints in the concrete floor on the outside toe of the walls defining the conditioned area to isolate the thermal mass of the floor and reduce vibration transmission
- Learning how to use specialized shock mounts, air bag supports, or isolated massive blocks in your design
- Understanding the importance of including a covered equipment entry in your design
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, “An Introduction to Precision Measurement Laboratories”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.