An Introduction to Pollution Control and Environmental Regulations for Steam Power Plants
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to requirements and strategies for pollution control and compliance with environmental regulations for steam powered electric generating plants. Included are discussions of air, water and oil spill control, solid waste, and relevant environmental regulations and the permitting processes.
This 5 PDH online course is intended for civil, mechanical and environmental engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to pollution control, regulations and permitting for steam power plants.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about defined air pollutants and their emission limits under federal law
- Learning about air pollution control equipment, monitoring and reporting
- Understanding how chemical wastewater may be handled
- Learning about recycle basins and reclaim ponds
- Containing oil spills to prevent discharged oil from reaching navigable waters
- Contsructing diversionary structures to prevent oil from reaching navigable waters
- Managing solid wastes such as fly ash, and coal pulverization rejects
- Learning about the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS)
- Learning about the federal Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Learning about water pollution control regulations and permitting requirements
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Pollution Control and Environmental Regulations for Steam Power Plants".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.