An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Facilities: Marine Fueling Facilities
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the selection, application and design of marine applications of petroleum fueling facilities. Design of marine fuel receiving and dispensing facilities for the purpose of receiving fuel and/or loading fuel aboard ships, barges and boats for consumption or as cargo is discussed. In many cases, the marine receiving and dispensing facilities will be combined.
A marine fueling facility is typically designed for small vessels and capital ships and should be able to refuel the largest ship that can dock at the station's waterfront. The facility may have the outlets located on a general purpose berthing pier, a combined cargo and fueling pier, or on a separate fueling pier, depending on the station's mission, logistics and base location.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for civil, mechanical and petroleum engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking to learn how to design safe and effective marine fueling facilities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the functional requirements for fueling facilities at piers and wharves
- Learning about the important design considerations for offshore mooring fueling facilities
- Learning how to plan and design spill management systems
- Knowing when and how to employ product recovery systems
- Learning the proper selection and application of block-and-bleed type valves
- Learning about ballast treatment requirements
- Learning when to provide protective features such as bollards and canopies
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Facilities: Marine Fueling Facilities".
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 2 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.