An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Facilities: General Design Information
This online engineering PDH course provides general information about petroleum products as a basis for the design of bulk fuel storage facilities, including bulk storage tanks and their components.
Bulk storage facilities generally consist of storage tanks and those components normally located within a typical bulk storage compound. These components include pipeline receiving facilities, tank truck and tank car receiving facilities, pipeline dispensing (pumping) facilities, tank truck and tank car loading facilities, and all related piping and equipment.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and petroleum engineers, and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to petroleum fuel products as a basis for designing bulk fuel storage and handling facilities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the properties of widely available petroleum fuel products
- Understanding the importance of filtration with certain fuel products
- Learning about the safety implications of transfer rates with certain fuels
- Understanding the electrical design parameters for fuel handling and storage facilities
- Knowing where special security and communications systems are recommended
- Learning how to apply cathodic protection measures safely and fuel storage facilities
- Understanding the importance of segregation with petroleum fuel handling systems
- Learning about the potential hazards of electromagnetic radiation
- Knowing where antistatic design measures are required
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "An Introduction to Petroleum Fuel Facilities: General Design Information".
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions to earn 4 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.