An Introduction to Operation and Maintenance of Landfill Gas Systems
This online engineering PDH course discusses the need for an operation and maintenance (O&M) plan for a landfill gas collection system that addresses the following: extraction wells, LFG monitoring probes, condensate collection and treatment, and flare station.
The operation and maintenance of landfill gas (LFG) system typically includes a site-specific monitoring program that is flexible and performance based. LFG systems should be monitored on a regular basis to enable adjustments to be made to the wells to maximize extraction, prevent migration, and minimize drawing oxygen into the landfill. The monitoring procedures should be regularly evaluated as changing climatic and operational conditions can have an effect on the results obtained.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for civil engineers, geotechnical engineers, construction managers and landfill operators seeking an introduction to the operation and maintenance of landfill gas collection systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about site specific monitoring programs
- Understanding the fundamental requirements for extraction wells
- Knowing how frequently extraction wells should be monitored
- Understanding the importance of balancing techniques for multiple extraction wells
- Learning about perimeter LFG migration control
- Learning how to address leachate blockage issues at extraction wells
- Understanding the importance of monitoring conditions that may lead to landfill fires
- Learning how to employ LFG monitoring probes
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, “An Introduction to Operation and Maintenance of Landfill Gas Systems”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.