An Introduction to Operation and Maintenance of Auxiliary Power Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides technical guidance and design requirements for the operation and maintenance of auxiliary electric power systems.
Auxiliary power systems are used on engines or prime movers that convert hydraulic, chemical or thermal energy to mechanical energy with the output being either straight-line or rotary motion. Auxiliary power systems are commonly found in industrial plants or on large aircraft, naval ships and large land vehicles. They are also installed on some diesel locomotives, allowing the prime mover to be shut down during extended idle periods, while providing power and heat to maintain air pressure and to keep the batteries charged and the engine coolant water from freezing.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, plant operators, construction managers and other technical personnel seeking an introduction to the operation and maintenance of auxiliary electric power generating plants.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the operating procedures for attended auxiliary power stations
- Learning about the operation of paralleled and non-paralleled stations
- Learning about prime movers and their important maintenance requirements
- Understanding how to implement a maintenance plan for generator exciters
- Understanding how to employ a synchroscope
- Understanding the special factors to consider in operational testing
- Knowing how to develop a checklist for prime mover maintenance
- Knowing how to develop a long-term checklist for diesel engines
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, “An Introduction to Operation and Maintenance of Auxiliary Power Systems”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.