An Introduction to Low Impact Development
This online engineering PDH course will present the basic concepts of Low Impact Development (LID); a stormwater management strategy concerned with maintaining or restoring the natural hydrologic functions of a site to achieve natural resource protection objectives and fulfill environmental regulatory requirements. You will learn about stormwater management using the hydrologic cycle approach, LID design goals and objectives, a comparison of LID to conventional stormwater management practices, and how distributed micro-scale systems are used in LID.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for engineers and construction professionals who are interested in gaining an understanding of the basic principles of LID that will allow them to apply LID strategies when addressing regulatory and environmental requirements associated with land development projects.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning the definition of Low Impact Design (LID)
- Learning about LID site design strategies
- Learning about LID devices
- Learning about integrated management practices (IMP)
- Learning the principles of bioretention
- Learning how to use dry wells, filter strips and swales
- Learning about tree box filters, vegetated buffers, cisterns and rain barrels
- Learning about how the hydrologic cycle forms the basis of LID
- Learning about LID infiltration concepts
- Learning about LID evapotranspiration concepts
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Low Impact Development".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.