An Introduction to Instruments and Devices for Boiler Control Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to instruments and devices employed in boiler control systems. Both, panel instruments as well as local devices and instruments are discussed. Requirements are provided for controllers, recorders, totalizers, indicators, status lights, annunciators, selector switches, pushbuttons, and plant control stations.
You will learn about control valves, pressure regulators, solenoid valves, actuators, current-to-pneumatic converters, dampers, pressure relief valves, rupture disks, level instruments, flow instruments, temperature measurements, pressure measurements, electronic transmitters, electrical instrument switches, analyzers, flame detectors and continuous emission monitoring. You will be introduced to recommended boiler control panel instrumentation as well as local boiler devices.
This 4 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical and electrical engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking to learn about devices and instruments used to control boilers and boiler plants.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about instruments and devices for boiler control and boiler plant control
- Learning about the characteristics of digital, analog and pneumatic controllers and where they are employed
- Understanding the recommended control modes for flow, level, pressure and temperature control loops
- Learning about the requirements for boiler plant control stations
- Learning about the requirements for local control devices and instrumentation
- Knowing when and where to employ concentric, eccentric, square edge, quadrant edge, segmental and annular orifice plates for flow measurement
- Learning about the characteristics of flow nozzles, venturi tubes, rotameters, magnetic, positive displacement and turbine meters for flow measurement
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Instruments and Devices for Boiler Control Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.