An Introduction to HVAC Systems for Medical Facilities
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for medical facilities such as hospitals and clinics. You will learn about air conditioning requirements, systems, equipment and design practices for the various spaces in health care facilities. You will learn about control systems, air distribution, refrigerants, steam and piping systems. You will learn about special requirements for laboratories and patient treatment and isolation rooms. This course will give the initial understanding you will need to address design issues on complex medical treatment facilities. It will give you a basic introduction to these HVAC systems so you can better understand the technology, concepts and terminology.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for all of the engineers, architects and construction professionals on the building design team having an interest in the design and construction of medical treatment facilities such as hospitals, clinics, laboratories and research facilities. This course will help you to be a better partner in the medical facility design and construction process.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about special HVAC requirements for Critical Care Spaces
- Learning about Sensitive Spaces and their air conditioning requirements
- Learning which spaces in medical facilities are generally not air conditioned
- Learning about requirements for mechanical equipment spaces in medical facilities
- Learning about the six general areas into which hospital spaces are classified for purposes of HVAC design
- Learning about Continuity-of-Service requirements for Critical Care Spaces such as Operating or Delivery Rooms
- Learning about the three types of HVAC systems recommended for Outpatient Clinics
- Learning the HVAC requirements for Patient Isolation Bedrooms
- Learning about special requirements for Research and Vivarium Spaces
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to HVAC Systems for Medical Facilities".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.