An Introduction to High Temperature Water Heating Plants
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to systems, equipment and design guidelines for high temperature water (HTW) heating plants.
HTW systems are used for heating multi-building facilities such as campuses and industrial and commercial activities. The advantage HTW systems have over steam heating systems is that the pressurized water in HTW systems has a much greater thermal storage capacity, resulting in smaller pipe and pump sizes. In this course you will learn about the different types of HTW systems, distribution schematics, hot water generators, pressurization methods, expansion vessels, pumps and controls.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for mechanical, industrial and plant engineers, as well as, maintenance personnel and construction professionals who are involved in the planning, design and construction of high temperature water heating plants.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the temperature and pressure parameters for high, medium and low temperature HTW systems
- Learning about the single pump and double pump forced circulation HTW system with steam pressurization and expansion vessel
- Learning about the single pump and double pump forced circulation HTW system with inert gas pressurization and expansion vessel
- Understanding the recommended water velocities for HTW systems
- Learning about the direct-supply, single-circuit, radial and reverse return distribution systems
- Learning about the one-pipe loop-main distribution system
- Learning about the features and functions of hot water generators
- Learning about the saturated steam pressurization method
- Learning about the inert gas pressurization method
- Learning about the six pressurization methods that are generally not recommended
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of steam pressurization and inert gas pressurization
- Learning how to size expansion vessels
- Understanding the design criteria for steam and inert gas pressurized systems
- Learning about the types of pumps used in HTW systems
- Learning about system controls
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to High Temperature Water Heating Plants".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.