An Introduction to Gas Distribution Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to techniques and equipment for the design of gas distribution systems in residential, commercial and industrial settings. It covers pressure regulators, valves, meters, and other necessary appurtenances required for the distribution of fuel gas, natural and manufactured, from the point of delivery by the gas supplier to the points of connection with building piping.
Gas distribution systems consist of gas pipelines, gas reduction terminals, and gas storage facilities. Gas distribution systems are equipped with gas pressure meters, communication systems, warning systems, automatic controls, and shutoff fittings (such as shutoff valves, shutoff cocks, gate valves, and water seals) for disconnecting separate sections of the piping system or buildings during emergencies and repair work.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and civil engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to methods and techniques for distributing natural and manufactured gas.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the safety requirements for gas distribution systems
- Knowing the different principles of design for high- and low-pressure distribution systems
- Familiarizing with system layout and line location guidance
- Understanding the how-and-why of locating distribution system valves
- Learning how to safely install pressure regulation valves
- Learning how to control and limit pressure in high pressure distribution systems
- Learning how telemetering and recording gauges are employed in system management
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "An Introduction to Gas Distribution Systems".
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 2 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.