An Introduction to Fire Protection Engineering for Buildings
This online engineering PDH course introduces fire protection engineering fundamentals related to building materials and design, water supply for fire protection, fire extinguishing systems, fire alarm systems, special occupancies and hazards, and storage of flammable and hazardous materials. This course also describes the basics of using occupancy hazard classification for determining sprinkler densities and hose streams, procedures for determining fire flow demand for unsprinklered facilities, and procedures for performance based fire safety design.
Fire protection engineering impacts every aspect of building design. It facilitates the building design process and result in safer and more cost-effective buildings and infrastructure for public agencies and private companies.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for architectural, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers engaged in the design of buildings and related infrastructure to better understand how the principles of fire protection engineering affect their daily practice.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn about the principles of fire protection engineering that affect building materials and design.
- Learn how to provide an adequate water supply for fire protection.
- Become familiar with the different types of fire extinguishing systems.
- Learn about the different types of systems for fire detection, alarm, reporting and evacuation.
- Become familiar with the requirements of special hazards and occupancies.
- Learn about the occupancy hazard classification system.
- Learn about performance based fire safety design, codes and other professional resources.
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Fire Protection Engineering for Buildings".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.