An Introduction to Energy Efficient HVAC Controls
This online engineering PDH course addresses automatic temperature and humidity controls, space pressurization controls, safety controls, and energy monitoring and central supervisory control systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
Energy efficient control systems are complete, reliable, fully functional, maintainable, fully integrated, addressable, control systems that have been properly designed, installed, and commissioned for efficient and cost-effective operation. In existing facilities, the design is integrated and interfaced into the existing control system so that the new equipment and conditions can be controlled and monitored similar to the existing controlled equipment.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and electrical engineers, and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to energy efficient control systems for HVAC systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Knowing when to apply and not-apply humidity controls
- Knowing what parameters to monitor and control for air handlers
- Learning about the conditions to be controlled at central HVAC plants
- Knowing the special control issues with variable-air-volume (VAV) systems
- Understanding the importance of contractor submittals for control systems
- Knowing the situations where simultaneous heating and cooling controls are allowable
- Learning about mechanical ventilation controls
- Understanding the fundamentals of energy conservation control schemes
- Learning about fire and smoke protection controls on HVAC systems
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "An Introduction to Energy Efficient HVAC Controls".
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 2 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.