An Introduction to Electrical Systems for Medical Facilities
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to electrical systems for medical facilities, including hospitals, medical and dental clinics, as well as medical and dental laboratories. It presents general electrical requirements, exterior and interior electrical systems, alternate power sources and lighting requirements. It also discusses equipment needs, patient safety and system reliability. It will provide you with the overview needed to address medical facility design issues using applicable codes and standards of practice.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for electrical engineers and other members of the building design team who want to learn more about this critical aspect of medical treatment facility design.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about power supply criteria factors
- Learning about power supply reliability and durability requirements
- Learning about electrical requirements for Critical Care spaces
- Learning about special requirements for Wet Procedure locations
- Learning about normal power sources for hospitals and ambulatory care clinics
- Learning about transients control in medical facility power systems
- Learning about alternate power source requirements for hospitals, clinics and laboratories
- Learning about emergency power engine-generator sets for medical treatment facilities
- Learning about automatic power transfer switches in medical facility applications
- Learning about automatic transfer switch and bypass/isolation switch testing requirements
- Learning about ground fault protection equipment requirements for medical treatment facilities
- Learning about fuel storage tank requirements for emergency power equipment
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Electrical Systems for Medical Facilities".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.