An Introduction to Design of Solar Water Heating Systems
This online engineering PDH course presents the information required to design a solar energy water heating system, after planning and system selection have been completed. The design of the principle sub-systems, including collectors, storage and controls, are discussed.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for mechanical engineers and other design and construction professionals interested in an introduction to the design of solar water heating systems.
This PE continuing education online PDH course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about solar absorber construction and components
- Learning how to design collector manifolds
- Understanding the benefits of, and how to design, a reverse-return system
- Understanding the benefits and drawbacks of internally and externally manifolded collectors
- Knowing the fundamentals of solar collector selection and specification
- Learning about flow balancing for collector arrays
- Understanding the importance of, and how to do, pressure drop calculations
- Learning how to design and specify the collector, transport, storage and control sub-system
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Design of Solar Water Heating Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.