An Introduction to Concrete Pavements
This online engineering PDH course provides information on the materials and construction procedures for portland cement concrete pavements. It describes the constituents to be used in concrete, the procedures to be used in manufacturing concrete, and the equipment and procedures to place, texture, and cure concrete for pavements. It is applicable to pavements for streets and roads, vehicle parking areas, and airfields.
This 6 PDH online course is intended for civil and structural engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to the technologies, equipment and construction practices for portland cement concrete vehicular and airfield pavements.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about responsibilities for mixture proportioning
- Learning how to prepare and test concrete samples for flexural strength
- Learning about the relationship between water-cement ratio and strength of concrete
- Learning how to determine the field control strength for concrete
- Understanding the importance of air entrainment in concrete
- Learning about the five principal types of concrete produced in the United States
- Learning about grading of coarse and fine aggregate
- Learning about deleterious materials in aggregate and why they must be controlled
- Learning about admixtures and how and when they are employed
- Learning about manufacturing, delivering and placing concrete
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Concrete Pavements".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.