An Introduction to Basic Mechanical Components
This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of the purpose, types and operation of several basic mechanical components.
These components which include air compressors, boilers, cooling towers, steam traps, filters and strainers; are found at the heart of many plants and have widespread applications in several industries.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical and industrial engineers, operators, maintenance personnel, and other technical staff who are interested in gaining a better understanding of the operation of the different mechanical equipment.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the various types of air compressors, operation and safety hazards
- Familiarizing with boilers
- Learning the purpose of the cooling tower and its various types
- Learning the fundamentals of steam traps and their different types
- Distinguishing between filters and strainers and learning their different types
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.