An Introduction to Area Development Plans
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the
Facilities planning is an essential step in development of land for commercial, industrial, residential and public agency uses. The three phases of a facilities planning process are: Master Planning, Area Development Planning and Site Planning. This course will focus on one of the three phases: Area Development Planning (
This 2 PDH online course is intended for civil engineers, architects, land use planners, designers, developers and construction professionals who are involved in the preparation and implementation of Area Development Plans.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learn about the three phases of facilities planning
- Learn about the three processes in area development planning: identification, evaluation and implementation
- Learn about the roles of the design team
- Learn about the area development plan
- Learn how to use bubble diagrams and matrices to analyze functional relation ships
- Learn the types of data that should be collected
- Learn how to represent collected data on base maps
- Learn how to develop and evaluate alternative area development plans
- Learn the information that should be contained in a final area development plan
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled: "An Introduction to Area Development Plans".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.