An Introduction to Air Quality and Auxiliary Equipment for Boiler Plants
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the design and operation of air quality control and monitoring equipment for fuel fired plants such as steam boiler plants. It discusses chemical, cooling and sump pumps, nitrogen and carbon dioxide systems, ash handling, boiler feed and condensate pumps, and air quality control and monitoring systems.
Carbon Monoxide, lead, nitrogen oxides, ozone, particulate matter, and sulfur, are now cited as the most insidious of pollutants generated by industrial or power plants with fuel fired boilers and other equipment. They are proven to contribute to respiratory illnesses in humans, damage to the environment and buildings and, ultimately, lead to higher costs for health care and environmental cleanup.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for mechanical, civil and environmental engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking an introduction to power plant air quality and auxiliary equipment.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about air quality control equipment and monitoring equipment
- Learning about steam deaerators, boiler feed and condensate handling equipment
- Understanding the applications of air compressors
- Understanding the fundamentals of ash handling
- Understanding the importance of boiler feedwater treatment
- Learning how to employ carbon dioxide and nitrogen systems
- Learning about ash handling pumps
- Learning how plant efficiency improves with blowdown heat recovery
- Understanding the applications for chemical feed pumps
- Learning about laboratory testing requirements
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "An Introduction to Air Quality and Auxiliary Equipment for Boiler Plants".
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty five (25) questions to earn 4 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.