America's Greatest Projects and Their Engineers - VII
This engineering online PDH course describes the engineering and design efforts necessary to provide the equipment and the technology to prepare our astronauts to leave the Earth's gravitational field for lengthy periods of time, and to explore well beyond the Earth. It chronicles the events and achievements of those American men and women who worked on the Apollo Project, and solved the major hurdles between placing a man in space and placing a man on the Moon and assuring his safe return.
This course is a synopsis of the magnificent efforts of the many talented personnel in American management and the engineering and construction industries, as well as the many American astronauts who risked their very lives in order to make Kennedy’s words a reality. It describes one of the many Twentieth Century projects in which engineers overcame major technological challenges and were on the forefront of engineering innovation.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for engineers, architects, project managers and other professionals of all disciplines interested in understanding the project management strategies applied as well as the leadership skills and techniques used to overcome the major technological challenges encountered during the implementation of the Apollo Project.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding why Project Gemini was so necessary once a lunar landing became the only option
- Learning how the NASA team handled the pressure of the challenge by President Kennedy
- Following the sequence of events as the Marshall Space Flight Center developed the powerful Saturn V rocket
- Learning how the U. S. designed and developed a three-man spacecraft
- Understanding of how each step in the program had significance toward achieving the goal of the United States
- Understanding why the training and experience of the astronauts and engineers prepared them with the confidence to pursue a mission of such huge proportions
- Following the progress of each Apollo mission to learn why every flight was critical for a lunar landing
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "America's Greatest Projects & Their Engineers - VII".
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of thirty (30) questions to earn 5 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.