America's Greatest Projects and Their Engineers - V
This engineering online PDH course features a synopsis of one of those great projects: the Hoover Dam. The fact that this project has stood the test of time – for more than eighty years – is a strong testament to the engineers who designed this enormously successful project as well as the project managers and construction companies who made the timely and sometimes very difficult decisions.
The Boulder (later named Hoover) Dam was unique in its size and scope of work, and it was finally approved and designed and constructed during the heart of the worldwide depression. While many Americans may consider this project to be a construction project, an engineer or an architect or a designer would see it with a different perspective. Without the support of individual engineers and without the vision and wisdom of quality project managers, this project could not have achieved the success that it did.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for engineers, architects, project managers and other professionals of all disciplines interested in understanding the project management strategies applied as well as the leadership skills and techniques used to overcome the major technological challenges encountered during the implementation of the Hoover Dam construction project.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning from this project how it will benefit modern engineers in particular
- Recognizing the obstacles that confronted early engineers, managers and contractors
- Understanding the role that government engineers had with construction companies
- Discovering how safety and health issues of the workforce as well as the engineers were not a primary concern to some
- Understanding the techniques and strategies of those engineers who achieved outstanding and long-term success
- Learning how early engineers coped with limited technologies and resources
- Knowing how leadership played such a major factor in such a significant project
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.