Air Conditioning Psychrometrics
This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of psychrometrics and suggests how a better understanding of psychrometrics will improve air conditioning design and selection of equipment.
Psychrometry is the study of moist air. It is significant in terms of thermal comfort and is a major consideration in design of air conditioning systems. Air conditioning engineers use the psychrometric chart to predict changes in the environment when the amount of heat and/or water in the air changes. A psychrometric chart provides a convenient way to look at the air conditioning processes and it will answer why heated air can hold more moisture, and conversely, how allowing moist air to cool will result in condensation.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to students, mechanical and HVAC engineers, process engineers, architects, building designers, contractors, energy auditors, facility managers who are interested in gaining a better understanding of psychrometrics.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understand the basic terminology and definitions related to air properties
- Read psychrometric chart
- Describe relationship of 7 air properties: DBT, WBT, RH, dew point, absolute humidity, enthalpy and specific volume
- Apply the psychrometric charts on air-conditioning applications
- Understand how the various properties of air are measured
- Understand various psychrometric processes: sensible heating and cooling, cooling and dehumidification, evaporative cooling, heating and humidification and air mixing
- Understand the air conditioning processes for 4 extreme climatic conditions viz. Miami, Phoenix, Minneapolis and Seattle
- Understand the difference between sensible heat and latent heat
- Understand the terms sensible heat factor, room sensible heat factor and grand sensible heat factor
- Understand how to calculate the required volume air flow rate
- Understand how to compute the cooling coil capacity with example
- Understand standard equations used in air conditioning
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "Air Conditioning Psychometrics".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.