Access to Airports by Individuals with Disabilities
This online engineering PDH course is designed to assist airports in complying with laws and regulations regarding individuals with disabilities by identifying and presenting the relevant statutes and regulations affecting airport facilities.
This course applies to airports operated by public entities and those receiving federal financial assistance. It implements the objectives set forth in the ADA to provide technical assistance to assist entities and persons affected by its requirements to understand the law and implementing regulations. Moreover, it provides a set of standards to assist airports in providing required Service Animal Relief Areas (SARA) at all civil use airports.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to design engineers who are interested in learning more about the standard requirements of airports in compliance with laws and regulations concerning individuals with disabilities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the basic laws, regulations and responsibilities of airports
- Learning about regulatory requirements of the ADA, Section 504, and the ACAA
- Gaining a general overview of the Architectural Barriers Act (ABA)
- Learning about transition plans required for airport facilities
- Understanding the guidelines for Service Animal Relief Areas (SARA)
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.