A Guide to Respiratory Protection
This online engineering PDH course provides information regarding the different types of respirators, the selection of a respirator, fit testing of a respirator, and the proper care and maintenance of respirators. This course also contains information of respiratory protection programs.
Respirators are personal protective equipment (PPE) designed to filter out harmful particulates and chemicals from the air, in order to keep workers safe in environments where the air may not be safe to breathe without filtration.
The 3 PDH online course is intended for employers, engineers, managers and contractors whose work requires the usage of respiratory protection. It is intended to provide knowledge that will be passed to employees in order to provide a safe working environment for all.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the different parts of a respirator and their purpose
- Knowing how to select the proper type of respirator given the task at hand
- Knowing the different elements of a respiratory protection program
- Understanding the importance of medical evaluation prior to respirator usage
- Learning how to conduct a fit test
- Knowing how to properly maintain respirators
- Understanding the importance of conducting employee training
- Familiarizing with the rules and regulations regarding recordkeeping
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.