20 Proven Safety Countermeasures for Enhancing Safety on All Kinds of Roads
This online engineering PDH course presents twenty proven safety countermeasures that the Federal Highway Administration has identified and is promoting.
The widespread use of these countermeasures can offer significant, measurable impacts as part of any agency’s data-driven, systemic approach to improving safety. These strategies are designed to enhance safety on all kinds of roads—from rural to urban, from high-volume freeways to less traveled two-lane State and county roads, from signalized crossings to horizontal curves, and everything in between. Each countermeasure addresses intersections, roadway departures, or pedestrian/bicyclist facilities—along with crosscutting strategies that address all three safety focus areas.
This 2PDH online course is intended for traffic engineers and other transportation professionals concerned with safety issues related to roadway departure, intersections, pedestrians/bicycles, and combinations of these issues.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with five safety countermeasures related to roadway departure crashes
- Familiarizing with seven safety countermeasures related to intersections crashes
- Familiarizing with five safety countermeasures related to pedestrians/bicycles crashes
- Familiarizing with three safety countermeasures related to situations involving a combination of roadway departure, intersections, and pedestrians/bicycles crashes
- Learning how to apply principles of organizing and executing road safety audits
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.