Engineering Ethics for Ohio Professional Engineers
This online PDH video presentation presents the laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the State of Ohio. Excerpts from Chapter 4733 of the Ohio Revised Code and Chapter 4733 of the Ohio Administrative Code, which relate to the rules of profession conduct, continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and other pertinent regulatory provisions are presented in this course.
Engineering ethics is (1) the study of moral issues and decisions confronting individuals and organizations involved in engineering and (2) the study of related questions about moral conduct, character, ideals and relationships of peoples and organizations involved in technological development (Martin and Schinzinger, Ethics in Engineering).
As a Professional Engineer, you are faced with frequent moral and ethical dilemmas while practicing your profession. This video presentation will provide you with moral and ethical guidance in your decision making process. Most importantly, it will provide you with insight on how to conduct, respect and protect your engineering practice with the utmost professionalism.
This 2 PDH online video presentation is applicable to Professional Engineers licensed in the State of Ohio and who are required to demonstrate continuing professional competency in engineering ethics as a condition of their license renewal. For each renewal period, every licensee must complete thirty (30) professional development hours, at least two (2) of which must be relative to professional responsibility, conduct and ethics.
This PE continuing education video presentation is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Overview of the laws and rules regulating to the practice of engineering in the State of Ohio and their application to Professional Engineers
- Understanding the roles of the Ohio Board and its disciplinary authority
- Learning about engineering ethics and the rules of professional conduct and responsibility
- Understanding the continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and more in the State of Ohio
- Understanding the Ohio Board disciplinary process
- Review of the disciplinary cases and along the range of violations and corresponding penalties imposed by the Ohio Board
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.