Plumbing System Design
This online engineering PDH course provides basic design criteria pertinent to the design of plumbing systems. This course may be used for conceptual design in the absence of any more appropriate information. This course identifies and outlines the types of drainage systems (sanitary and storm water), effluent disposal, supply water distribution systems and hot water systems, appropriate for your needs, together with the wise system design & energy conservation.
Plumbing is the skilled trade of working with pipes, tubing, and special fixtures for the distribution and use of water in a building and the drainage of waterborne waste. It is one of the most important aspects of the building design.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical and HVAC engineers, process engineers, architects, building designers, contractors, energy auditors, facility managers who are involved in the design and installation of plumbing systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- PLUMBING CRITERIA: Economy, reliability, materials & construction, and protection of critical applications
- DRAINAGE SYSTEMS: Sanitary systems, sumps & sump pumps, interceptors, chemical wastes, backwater valves, food waste grinders, floor drains, storm water drainage, downspouts, sub-soil drains, P-traps, venting requirements and combined sanitary and storm drainage system
- WATER SUPPLY SYSTEMS: Criteria for supply water service, water hammer arrestors, booster systems, hydro-pneumatic system guidelines, hot water systems, type of units and circulation schemes, chilled water drinking systems, types of units and design
- INSULATION OF PLUMBING SYSTEMS: Insulation requirements for the unfired water storage heaters, electric heaters, gas and oil fired heaters, re-circulated systems and miscellaneous systems
- FUEL GAS SYSTEMS: Safety precautions of system pressure, pressure regulator location, seismic consideration and ventilation
- ENERGY CONSERVATION: Guidelines for sizing and location of air and water source heat pumps, sources of heat (ground water, process fluid, buried pipe, solar etc.), heat recovery air conditioning systems, auxiliary condensers, de-super heaters, solar domestic hot water heater, point to use heaters, total energy recovery, cogeneration, power burners, flow control and cost of energy calculations
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the Naval Facilities Engineering Command publication titled "Plumbing Systems - Design Manual 3.01".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.