Lighting Evaluations and Upgrades
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance on how to approach and perform an evaluation or audit of the lighting that occurs at a facility. It describes the basic nomenclature about lighting, the different types of lighting fixtures and their advantages and disadvantages for a facility, and the fundamentals on how to perform a formal lighting evaluation. This course instructs students on the factors and information necessary to determine whether a lighting upgrade is necessary and several potential options with technical and economic advantages and disadvantages. It provides an overview of how to proceed in conducting a lighting evaluation at a diverse facility.
Lighting is a critical concern, as it influences the performance of necessary task in an office or manufacturing setting and accounts for, on average, about 34% of total energy usage. The best way to reduce your lighting energy usage is to switch to more energy efficient bulbs and fixtures and optimizing your lighting for the tasks at hand.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to chemical, energy, and environmental engineers involved with the energy, climate change, and sustainability studies to determine how a facility can reduce its energy costs and perform its functions more energy efficiently.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning the basic nomenclature about lighting
- Learning how to implement a lighting evaluation program
- Understanding the different types of lighting available and how to determine which have the greatest advantages for the facility's needs
- Understanding advantages and disadvantages of several different lighting fixtures
- Understanding other strategies to provide adequate task lighting while reducing energy usage
- Learning how to calculate cost savings using ROI calculations
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled "Lighting Evaluations and Upgrades".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.