Introduction to Amplifiers
This online engineering PDH course presents an introduction to amplifiers for those who are unfamiliar with this subject. It provides the basic concepts of amplifiers using the Bipolar Junction Transistor. These types of amplifiers have been used for decades, are well understood, and provide a good foundation for further studies.
Amplifiers are used in all types of electronic equipment. As an example, in consumer electronics, the Blue-Ray disc player contains amplifiers for audio and video signals. Also, radios contain amplifiers to amplify the received radio signal, as well as, audio amplifiers to drive the speaker to produce audible sound. Amplifiers are also used in instrumentation and control equipment, and medical equipment to amplify the signals from transducers which are used to sense physical parameters.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to engineers who are unfamiliar with amplifiers and need an introduction to the basic concepts.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Knowing the definition and uses of amplification
- Understanding the difference between power amplifier and voltage amplifier
- Exploring impedance characteristics of the different amplifier configurations
- Classifying amplifier uses as audio, radio frequency, and video
- Knowing the classes of operation based on cyclic current flow, their advantages and disadvantages
- Familiarizing with the methods of coupling amplifiers together along with advantages and disadvantages of each method
- Understanding how amplification results from coupling amplifiers in series
- Understanding impedance matching for maximum power transfer or maximum voltage output
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.