HVAC for Home Energy Renovations
This online engineering course provides information about energy-efficient heating, ventilation and cooling equipment options to help engineers, contractors and homeowners cut their energy use, reduce their carbon footprint, and increase their homes’ comfort, health, and safety. It will help make informed decisions about purchasing new HVAC equipment or improving existing equipment for more efficient operation.
For the average American homeowner, heating and cooling accounts for approximately 40% of annual energy usage. Picking the right heating and cooling equipment can reduce this significant portion of the utility bill. This course discusses ways of reducing energy costs and improving the comfort, health, and safety of homes by upgrading the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment. A variety of types of heating and cooling equipment are presented in this course.
The 5 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and electrical engineers, architects, contractors, homeowners and any other technical personnel interested in gaining a better understanding of the energy savings related to the HVAC systems installed in homes.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Knowing when to replace or repair you heating system
- Familiarizing with the different types of furnaces and their efficiencies
- Understanding the different types of heat pumps and their energy ratings
- Knowing the inspection steps of proper boiler maintenance for energy savings
- Learning how to benefit from solar heating
- Knowing when to replace or repair your cooling system
- Familiarizing with the different types of home cooling systems and understand their advantages and disadvantages
- Understanding the different natural cooling strategies and their applications
- Learning why ventilation is important and familiarize with the different ventilation applications and strategies for optimum energy savings
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.