History of Coastal Engineering
This online engineering PDH course introduces the history of coastal engineering from the ancient world to the modern times and shows how coastal engineering played an important part in history.
This engineering course traces back coastal engineering from Ancient World till the 20th century that witnessed large-scale evolution in the development of, the use of, and the interest in the coastal zone. It also presents coastal engineering practice in the United States and in the military where U.S Army Corps of Engineers has played an important role in developing coastal structures for military as well as flood control applications.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to civil, mechanical, and control systems engineers, design and construction personnel, technical staff and facility operators who are interested in gaining a better understanding of the development and use of coastal structures and coastal engineering.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with how Romans introduced the concept of the holiday at the coast
- Familiarizing with coastal engineering in the Ancient World
- Gaining a general overview on the use of breakwaters in Ancient Rome and Greece
- Learning about the development of the role of the US Army Corps of Engineers in coastal engineering
- Understanding how the Renaissance era was a period of scientific awakening in coastal engineering
- Exploring the use of coastal engineering in the military
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.