Fuzzy Logic: An Introduction to Fuzziness in Controllers and Decision Making for Engineers
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the world of “Fuzziness” including Fuzzy Logic, Fuzzy Math, Fuzzy Set and Fuzzy Processing.
The incredibly broad field of “Fuzzy Logic” encompasses many control systems. Human beings process information through the fuzzy logic processes, yet computers cannot. Computers must deal with binary information and require crisp data to be converted into fuzzy data and fuzzy data sets in order to handle human-created algorithms. The term “fuzzy” carries different connotations in the English-speaking world than it does in other languages. This is one reason why international organizations have adopted these ideas faster than the domestic industry.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to engineers of different backgrounds who are interested in learning about the concept of “fuzziness” in system controls and advanced decision making activities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the basic language of “fuzziness”
- Understanding data comprised of “crisp” and “fuzzy” information
- Learning how to create fuzzy data sets
- Understanding how fuzzy data sets can lead to better controller and control systems
- Understanding how “defuzzing” data can lead to crisp decisions
- Understanding that fuzzy logic must be incorporated into more sophisticated technologies for computers to analyze and process information like humans
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.