Fundamentals of Acoustics
This online engineering PDH course presents the basic principles and terminology of acoustics. It discusses sound pressure levels, sound power levels, sound intensity levels, vibration levels, frequency, temporal variations, loudness, vibration transmissibility and vibration isolation.
This course also covers the definitions of fundamental acoustic properties. It illustrates how they are calculated, utilized, and applied to a variety of noise and sound engineering situations encountered in daily practice. This information will assist in addressing many design and analysis issues associated with acoustics and the surrounding environment.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for engineers and architects who are seeking an understanding of acoustics. It will provide engineers and others an understanding of the terminology, definitions and calculation of fundamental acoustic properties.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning the definition of a decibel and how it is calculated
- Learning how to add, subtract and average decibel levels
- Learning the definition of and how to calculate Sound Pressure Level
- Learning the definition of and how to calculate Sound Power Level
- Learning the definition of and how to calculate Sound Intensity Level
- Learning the definition of A-, B- and C-weighted sound levels and how they are applied
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled: "Fundamentals of Acoustics".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.