Engineering Ethics for Virginia Professional Engineers
This online engineering PDH course presents the laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the State of Virginia.
Engineering ethics is (1) the study of moral issues and decisions confronting individuals and organizations involved in engineering and (2) the study of related questions about moral conduct, character, ideals and relationships of peoples and organizations involved in technological development (Martin and Schinzinger, Ethics in Engineering).
Excerpts from Title 54.1, Chapter 4 and Title 13.1 of the Code of Virginia and Title 18, Chapter 20 of the Virginia Administrative Code, which relate to the rules of profession conduct, continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and other pertinent regulatory provisions are presented in this course.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to Virginia Professional Engineers who face different situations while practicing engineering on a daily basis. This course will provide moral and ethical guidance to engineers in their decision-making process. Most importantly, it will provide engineers with insight on how to respect and protect their profession with utmost professionalism.
This PE continuing education engineering course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the laws and rules regulating the practice of engineering in the State of Virginia
- Learning about engineering ethics and the rules of professional conduct and responsibility
- Understanding the role of the Virginia Board and its disciplinary authority
- Understanding the continuing education requirements and proper use of seal in the State of Virginia
- Gaining an overview of disciplinary cases along a range of violations and their corresponding penalties
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.