Engineering Ethics for Maryland Professional Engineers
This online engineering PDH course presents the laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the State of Maryland. Excerpts from Title 14 of the Maryland Codes and Title 9, Subtitle 23 of the Maryland Regulations which relate to the rules of profession conduct, continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and other pertinent regulatory provisions are presented in this course.
Engineering ethics is (1) the study of moral issues and decisions confronting individuals and organizations involved in engineering and (2) the study of related questions about moral conduct, character, ideals and relationships of peoples and organizations involved in technological development (Martin and Schinzinger, Ethics in Engineering).
Since engineers are faced with frequent moral and ethical dilemmas while practicing their engineering profession, this course will provide you with moral and ethical guidance in your decision making process. Most importantly, it will provide you with insight on how to conduct, respect and protect your engineering practice with the utmost professionalism.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to Professional Engineers licensed in the State of Maryland and who are required to demonstrate continuing professional competency in engineering ethics as a condition of their license renewal. For each renewal period, every licensee must complete sixteen (16) professional development hours, at least one of which must be relative to the rules of professional responsibility, conduct and ethics.
This PE continuing education engineering course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Overview of the laws and rules regulating the practice of engineering in the State of Maryland and their application to Professional Engineers
- Understanding the roles of the Maryland Board as well as its disciplinary authority and disciplinary process
- Learning about engineering ethics and the rules of professional conduct and responsibility
- Understanding the continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and other pertinent provisions in the State of Maryland
- Review of the disciplinary cases, range of violations and corresponding penalties imposed by the Maryland Board
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.