Engineering Ethics for Illinois Professional Engineers
This online engineering PDH course presents the laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the State of Illinois.
Engineering ethics is (1) the study of moral issues and decisions confronting individuals and organizations involved in engineering and (2) the study of related questions about moral conduct, character, ideals and relationships of peoples and organizations involved in technological development (Martin and Schinzinger, Ethics in Engineering).
Excerpts from the Professional Engineering Practice Act of 1989, 225 ILCS 325 and the Illinois Administrative Code, Part 1380, which relate to the rules of profession conduct, continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and other pertinent regulatory provisions are presented in this course.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to Illinois Professional Engineers who face different situations while practicing engineering on a daily basis. This course will provide moral and ethical guidance to engineers in their decision-making process, and most importantly, it will give them the insight on how to protect their profession with utmost professionalism.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the laws and rules regulating the practice of engineering in the State of Illinois
- Learning about engineering ethics, the rules of professional conduct and responsibility
- Understanding the role of the Illinois Board and its disciplinary authority
- Understanding the continuing education requirements in the State of Illinois
- Gaining an overview of disciplinary cases, violations and their corresponding penalties imposed by the Illinois Board
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.