Engineering Ethics for Illinois Professional Engineers
This online engineering PDH course presents the laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility governing the practice of engineering in the State of Illinois. Excerpts from the Professional Engineering Practice Act of 1989, 225 ILCS 325 and the Illinois Administrative Code, Part 1380, which relate to the rules of profession conduct, continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and other pertinent regulatory provisions are presented in this course.
Engineering ethics is (1) the study of moral issues and decisions confronting individuals and organizations involved in engineering and (2) the study of related questions about moral conduct, character, ideals and relationships of peoples and organizations involved in technological development (Martin and Schinzinger, Ethics in Engineering).
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to Illinois Professional Engineers who face different situations on daily basis while practicing engineering. This course will provide moral and ethical guidance to engineers in their decision making process. Most importantly, it will provide engineers with insight on how to respect and protect their profession with utmost professionalism.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Overview of the laws and rules regulating to the practice of engineering in the State of Illinois and their application to Professional Engineers
- Understanding the roles of the Illinois Board and its disciplinary authority
- Learning about engineering ethics and the rules of professional conduct and responsibility
- Understanding the continuing education requirements, proper use of seal and more in the State of Illinois
- Understanding the Illinois Board disciplinary process
- Review of the disciplinary cases and along the range of violations and corresponding penalties imposed by the Illinois Board
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled "Engineering Ethics for Illinois Professional Engineers".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.