Energy Efficient Electric Motor Selection
This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of the characteristics, economics, and benefits of standard versus high-efficiency motors. It covers the economic and operational factors to be considered when motor purchase decisions are being made.
The majority of electrical energy consumed in most industrial facilities is used to run electric motors. By incorporating energy efficient electric motors during new construction or replacement can increase productivity while achieving substantial energy and dollar savings. The efficiency gains are obtained through the use of refined design, better materials, and improved construction.
This 4 PDH online course is applicable to electrical engineers, energy auditors, plant managers, plant engineers, and others interested in energy management or preventative maintenance programs.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Knowing when to buy energy efficient motors
- Understanding energy efficient motor performance and price
- Determining and comparing motor efficiencies
- Learning how much one can save on energy efficient motor
- Obtaining motor efficiency data
- Knowing the energy efficient motor selection guidelines
- Learning about Speed, Design Voltage, Enclosure, Part-load Efficiency, and Power Factor
- Understanding motor operation under abnormal conditions
- Understanding motor selection considerations
- Learning about the additional benefits of energy efficient motors
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the US Department of Energy and the Bonneville Power Administration's Publication Number: DOE/BPA-34623-3, titled "Energy-Efficient Electric Motor Selection Handbook".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.