This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of biodiesel blends, the advantages of using biodiesel, precautions for use of biodiesel during cold weather, and the proper procedures for handling and use of biodiesel.
Biodiesel, which is manufactured from plant oils, animal fats, and recycled cooking oils, is most commonly used as a blend with petroleum diesel in compression-ignition engines.
This 4 PDH online course is intended to provide engineers with basic information on biodiesel as well as detailed information on biodiesel testing requirements, compatibility issues, cold weather issues, and requirements for handling, storage, and transportation.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of the sources and processing of biodiesel
- Benefits of biodiesel use
- Attributes of biodiesel
- Physical properties of biodiesel as compared to No. 2 diesel
- Understanding of the ASTM D6751 standards for biodiesel quality
- Material compatibility issues for biodiesel
- Cold-weather issues for biodiesel
- How to properly blend, store, and transport biodiesel
- Engine and equipment warranties by using biodiesel
- Taxes and incentives for biodiesel
- Basic safety, health, and environmental issues for biodiesel
- Considerations for fire safety and firefighting
In this professional engineering CEU course, you will need to review the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) Publication "Biodiesel Handling and Use Guide, Fourth Edition" - NREL/TP-540-43672, Revised December 2009.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.