An Introduction to Water Supply, Treatment and Storage in Cold Regions
This online engineering PDH course provides introductory information about special design considerations, equipment, materials and construction methods for water supply, treatment and storage in cold regions. Topics covered in this course include water supply, treatment and storage for facilities in
The design, construction and maintenance of utility systems are all affected by the special environmental conditions found in the
This 3 PDH online course is intended for civil, environmental and mechanical engineers and other design and construction professionals seeking to learn about water supply, treatment and storage systems, facilities and equipment in arctic and subarctic regions.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the environmental conditions in arctic and subarctic regions
- Learn about the useful lives of utility systems and equipment
- Familiarizing with the construction methods and materials for utility systems in arctic and subarctic regions
- Understanding the importance of revegetation to prevent erosion
- Understanding the key features of temporary and permanent river intakes
- Understanding the importance of infiltration galleries in preventing ice damage
- Learning about the effects of temperature on water treatment processes
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, " An Introduction to Water Supply, Treatment and Storage in Cold Regions".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.