An Introduction to Water Supply Systems Operation and Maintenance
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to maintenance inspections and general maintenance services required at domestic water supply systems. It includes information about tools and equipment, lubricants, and materials and supplies required to perform general and specific equipment maintenance tasks.
Regular inspection of equipment is part of an operator’s routine duties to ensure proper functioning of the system. Such inspection includes lubrication, minor adjustments, and renewal of parts that do not require major overhaul or repairs. The operator’s inspection also entails detecting and reporting (to the proper authority) any abnormal conditions (appearance, leaks, unusual noises, etc.).
This 5 PDH online course is intended for civil engineers and operations and maintenance personnel wanting an introduction to operation and maintenance of domestic water treatment systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Knowing the recommended inspection intervals and maintenance procedures for aeration equipment
- Learning about maintenance procedures and inspection intervals for rapid mix, flocculation, and sedimentation basins
- Understanding the important considerations in maintenance of upflow clarifiers and solids contact units
- Keeping a maintenance checklist for gravity filtration equipment
- Knowing how to maintain filter media in optimal condition
- Learning about backwash rates for media cleaning
- Understanding the importance of calibration tests for dry chemical feeders
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, “An Introduction to Water Supply Systems Operations and Maintenance”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty five (25) questions to earn 5 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.