An Introduction to Water Desalination
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to water desalination technologies, processes and methods. You will learn the importance of site and water source selection. You will be introduced to an approach for selecting the appropriate desalination technology and process. You will learn about distillation/condensation techniques, membrane techniques and ion exchange techniques. You will find out how to develop process concepts, evaluate their utility, and move forward into preliminary design for projects and sites where water desalination is an operational requirement.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for engineers and other design and construction professionals interested in gaining an understanding of the technologies, processes and techniques for treating saline water, such as from the sea, to provide potable or suitable process water to meet the operational requirements of facilities and activities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about water storage and system modularization
- Learning about the typical desalination flowsheet
- Learning about typical reverse osmosis desalination processes
- Learning about cellulose acetate and polyaromatic amide membranes and their use in membrane desalination processes
- Learning about electrodialysis reversal desalination technology
- Learning the importance of energy conservation and efficiency when evaluating desalination processes
- Learning about high temperature distillation/condensation techniques
- Learning how multiple effect evaporation units are applied
- Learning the characteristics of multistage flash-evaporation units
- Learning about low-temperature distillation processes and how to apply them
- Learning when to use vapor compression techniques in water desalination
- Learning about applications of a multistage flash distillation facility
- Learning about the importance of waste heat recovery evaporation process
- Learning the fundamentals of the vapor-compression vertical-tube distillation system
- Learning the principles of electrodialysis desalination
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Water Desalination".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.