An Introduction to Steam Boilers and Turbines for Power Plants
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to steam boilers and turbines for electric power generating plants. Topics discussed include steam generators (boilers), stokers, pulverizers, soot blowers, economizers, steam turbines, condensing cycles, plant arrangement, and cogeneration.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and electrical engineers and other design and construction professionals wanting an introduction to the systems and equipment in steam powered turbine electric power generating plants.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about operating temperatures and pressures for steam boilers
- Learning about stoker grate burning rates
- Understanding the definition of effective radiant heating surface
- Knowing the maximum steam velocities in convection sections for coal or wood
- Knowing the maximum steam velocities in convection sections of solid waste fired boilers
- Learning about the types of stokers used in power plants
- Understanding the characteristics of coal pulverizers used in power plants
- Learning about the types and functions of fans employed in steam turbine plants
- Understanding the difference between condensing and back pressure turbines
- Learning about controlled and uncontrolled extraction systems
- Knowing the parameters for power plant equipment layout
- Knowing the fundamentals of turbine heat rates
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Steam Boilers and Turbines for Power Plants".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.