An Introduction to Site Design Guidelines
This online engineering PDH course will introduce you to guidelines for site planning for buildings and related infrastructure. You will learn about guidelines for building location, pedestrian and vehicular circulation, grading, site drainage, erosion control, climaticalogical conditions, utilities, lighting and physical security. After taking this course you will have a basic overview of site planning that will allow you to move forward and address site design issues on related projects.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for engineers, architects and other design and construction professionals interested to learn the fundamentals of site planning for buildings and related infrastructure. After completion of this course you will be prepared for advanced learning about building siting guidelines for location, circulation, grading, drainage, erosion control, climate, utilities, lighting and security.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning how to place facilities on site with the least disruption to the natural environment
- Understanding how the building location is influenced by building dimensions and footprint, the desired proximity to other facilities, buffer zones, spacing standards, and setbacks
- Learning about buffer zones for airport clearances, noise abatement, security threats, and storage of hazardous materials
- Learning about building spacing standards to accommodate functional relationships
- Learning how to orient buildings to take advantage of passive solar heating and cooling conditions
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "An Introduction to Site Design Guidelines".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.